Mixed Media Monday - Darwin

Another Mixed Media video for y'all :) This video has been on my computer forever just waiting to be narrated.

For this page I was inspired by Darwin's Journal. His discovery and his work on evolution changed our understanding of nature forever. Plus he had a pretty sweet gig. Traveling to tropical remote places and documenting nature. Lucky.

You can check out my process video below and see how I accidentally created a masterpiece (in my own eyes).


Now here are some close ups so you can see all the awesome details and texture on this page.


The title surrounded by some natural twine. I love how the letters are peeling up and how much texture the twine adds.

AHHHH!! that gorgeous shine. I don't know where that shine is from but isn't it gorgeous! This page turned out a bit more grungy than I expected but Oh well, Darwin probably dropped his journal in a puddle of mud once or twice.

Supplies:
Gesso - Walmart
Bella Acrylic Paint - Home Depot
Websters Dictionary - Thrift Store
Round Frame - RAK from Kathy
Bird Die Cuts - RAK from Angela
Tulip image - Google
Finch Image - Google
Color Shine (chartreuse, tinsel) - Michaels
Chalk Pastels - Thrift Store (Dupe)
Mini Market Alpha - Amazon
Chalkboard Mini Alpha - Target
Twine - Dollar Tree






CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment